Sunday, March 6, 2011

Educational week in school, with a incredible cultural lesson!!!!


The week in Salamanca has been very interesting. It started off with getting a card from the public library. My professor Estella took us there, and was generous to show us around. I was able to check out some poetry books, movies, and music, which is great because it’s free. I also got to enjoy the tapas tour, and got to learn something new about the culture. The food and wine was amazing I loved the tortillas that had potatoes, muy delicioso. I also got a chance to go to the museum of Salamanca, my art teacher gave her lecture at the museum, and it was spectacular.  I learned a lot from that trip, such as seeing the different color palettes that were used in a time period.  We also got to see the fresca painting, which was unbelievable. The image gave me a sense of peace, with the stars and the color of blue, white, gold, reds, brown, and a few others I can’t remember. But it was interesting to see the stars with the different astrological signs.
The weekend began at 7am on Friday, on a bus heading towards Portugual. It had hit me that it was going to be my first time in a country where I didn’t know the language, and communicating was going to be extremely challenging. But I figured that it would be a great learning experience, which turned out to be. I wasn’t intrigued by Portugual, since I hadn’t signed up from the very beginning. I was lucky enough to get the last spot, and now I’m super happy that I was able, because the country was so lovely. I am planning to be back again, the people, the food, the history, and language, was un like anything else I have ever encountered. The river in Lisboa was nice, since getting some fresh air made it more beautiful. I loved the castle by the river, and the amazing sunset that I had the opportunity to see. I experienced a language barrier for the first time in my life, but it was very sweet how the people were so patient, understanding, and had so much warmth, they made me feel extremely welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment