Sunday, March 20, 2011

Show me the way to the next Whisky Bar.....

Whoever said that dreams come true were absolutely right. I got to spend the weekend in Paris, and its everything that I imagined it to be and more. It was a mission trying to get to Paris. The bus ride to Madrid, the metro to the airport, and once we arrived to the airport a taxi to the metro, and a lot of walking. I got to go to the Louvre Museum and see some spectacular paintings. I got to see the Mona Lisa, which was amazing. I also got to see Delacroix paintings, and so many others that the names escapes my mind. I do have to admit that its a bit pricier than Salamanca. I was stunned when I paid 4.40 euros for a cafe con leche, but its Paris and I'm not complaining. The city is full of love, beauty, and life. 

      The best part of my trip is I got the opportunity to go pay my respects to Jim Morrison. I took Jim some roses, whisky, a pen, and a cigarette, and wrote on the whisky bottle. I signed my four bestest friends, Marie, Marisol, Lorenzo, Leonard, and my love's name, Jerry. I got there and I started to cry like a baby, so I drank some whisky to calm my nervous. Being there, next to Jim, was something I have never felt before, and I think I haven't been able to digest it yet. His grave was gated, so I jumped over to set his gifts in order, and I just stood there, whisky in one hand, and cigarette in the other. I wrote on the tree where so many have left a message behind to Jim. I wrote my friends names on it, along with our favorite songs, and a heart with my boyfriends name and mine with our favorite song, "Love Street". I still can't believe I'm writing about it, and I was there, me!! I didn't want to leave Jim, but I knew time was running out, so I went and paid my respects to Edith Phiaf, Oscar Wilde, and Delacroix. Paris is beautiful, and romantic, and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment