Sunday, April 17, 2011

Road Trip

This was the most relaxing weekend I have had so far in Spain. I took a road trip to the Basque country: Santander, Bilbao, and San Sebastian. The scenery was amazing, it was the most beautiful region I have ever seen so far. I've been intrigued by this part of Spain, especially their language. I had been doing some research about my long lost relatives in Spain, and I didn't find out a whole lot, but I did find out that my mother's surname comes from Santander, which I was exciting to spend some time in Santander. The beach was absolutely stunning. We then drove to Bilbao for a dance recital, which was incredible. There was three different dance performances, all of them different and unique. We didn't have a place to stay, so we drove around looking for a Hostel, which was a mission, but for the first time I wasn't stress, which my roomates can vouch for me that I can be a stress ball. But, somehow I wasn't I was just enjoying the moment.
  The next day we drove to San Sebastian. We arrived around noon, and we quickly found out that the city was having a festival. Every year within they walk around city to city, I forgot what radious, but the festival ends in San Sebastian, which is the celebration of their language. Everyone was out on the street having a good time, dancing, eating, drinking, celebrating the beauty, and uniqueness in the language. I was amazed how different from Spanish their language was. Well, we ended the day by walking along the beach, which I have to say it was the prettiest beaches I have ever seen in my life. This was a great way to bring to a close my time in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment